I have been a Catholic my whole life, and am still an avid follower of Jesus Christ. Just today I went to go see the movie Courageous with my family and my Grandma Guell (who is a big movie buff, she always knows about all the best movies) and my grandmas bother Loyd. My grandma had previously already seen this movie in Sept. already but has been telling me and my cousins (two of which are going for Criminal Justice) that we all need to go see this movie. So finally we found out about this free showing at the movie theater today in west bend and decided to go. And was that the best decision ever! I cant not begin to tell you how moving and touching and great this movie was! I was pretty much balling for like half of it though. Not to spoil it for those who havent seen it but I have to give you an idea of what goes on so you get what Im talking about.
So the story revolves around these four cops from Albany NY I believe and through out the movie it just shows the great bond and friendship theses cops have with each other. At one point in the movie one of the cops 9yr old daughter dies (hence my crying) but this death in his family makes him realize that time is short and you can never get it back and after grieving over his loss and after going through all the "I wish I would have said this" and "I wish I would have done that" he realizes that in order to change his life around and to truly be a good father and friend he needs to allow Jesus into his heart. And with the help of his fellow friends he would do just that! Ill leave the rest of the plot for you to go out and watch yourself lol
This movie really made me see things in a different light. It goes to show that life is short and we never know what is going to happen next so we need to cherish every moment and not wait until someone dies to realize all the things we wish we would have done or said, but to act on our thoughts and dreams now, this is the critical time in between your birth and death and its the time to make it count. Show your friends and family that you love them now before its too late. Dont hold regrets and waste precious time being mad at people because thats time that you cant get back and it takes away from being happy.
Now I really take this stuff in and apply it to my own life, because I want to be the best person I can be. I pride myself in thinking that I am a pretty good friend to anyone I am friends with, I try to always put others first and always be there for my friends even if I feel sometimes that the feeling is not always returned. Now I know that there is always room for improvement and I could make you a list of things I wish I would've done differently but I really try to never hold grudges over things that have hurt me in the past and I try to always strive for forgiveness. Because fighting and avoiding people is not good for anyone. Everyone wants to feel loved so we have to give love in order to receive it. And this is something I strive to do everyday, just making someone else feel loved is a reward itself.



No comments:
Post a Comment