Friday, July 13, 2012

Still Missing You

Katie, I spent my entire day Wednesday in remembrance of you. And thought about you so much that day..even though I think about you everyday. I started the day going swimming at your pool which Ive been doing a lot lately, Its been like so warm! You'd be loving it believe me, you would've been sitting out there getting tan and I would of been sitting out there burning...which I did lol Then your mom invited me to come boating with her your dad and Jacob. So of course I got my first ride in the big blue truck everyone likes lol It is pretty sweet, I can see why Jacob gets so excited. We took it over to your grandmas house which brought back memories to years ago when Id go there with you and your grandpa would give us rides around the yard. While your dad got the boat hooked up me and your mom went in to say Hi to your grandparents. Then before ya know it we were on our way to long lake with the boat. It was so nice out, felt good to have the wind blowin in my hair and water splashing as I was sitting up in front watching the lake. It still just felt soo different not having you there cause this was the kind of thing I only did with you. Then your dad got the tube hooked up so I could go tubing, something we loved to do. Your dad didnt take me as fast as he always did for you but he did whip me in and out of the wake a few times lol After a few times doing that we all jumped off and went swimming. This would normally be the time where you me and luke would be playing catch in the water or we'd be swimming away to talk. I couldn't stop wishing that you were there. Once we were done swimming we had ourselves a nice picnic dinner on the boat and your parents and I just sat and talked about how much we missed you and different memories of you. Then your dad would remind us to thank the Lord because your in a better place now watching over us. Then we loaded the boat back onto the truck and left. As we were leaving dunde we pasted that little spot on the side on the road with that big hill between the woods that you took me sledding on one year, wish we could've done that more. When we came back to your grandmas house your mom took me down to that little river where you had luke take some pictures of you that one time and also by those big red barns they have. On our way back to Campbellsport Raina called and said she had something to show your parents at your grave site so we should meet her there. As soon I came upon your grave site at the cemetery and saw your name and pictures I just started to cry and couldnt hold it back any longer. It was my first time coming to see you there and just the reality of it hit me. Its just so sad to think that your in the ground now instead of running down the stairs to come greet me at your house. But I know your spirit is still alive, I see it in your mom everytime I look at her and how strong she was while we were visiting you. She only teared up once and that was when she came over to give me a hug because I couldn't stop crying. Raina bought you a cute little rose that lights up at night, it almost feels real, she kept telling me to move cause I was blocking the light for it to work lol We went and looked at Sabrinas flowers next to yours and Jim and Bonnie explained to me how your parents and Sabrinas parents will be layed right next to you eventually when they get to see you again. We then drove around and Jim showed us where your grandpa is buried. But before we left we came back to say our goodbyes and I cryed again watching your mom and dad give you kisses good bye. Were still missing you every day like crazy. It was good spending the day with your family, I love them so much you are truly blessed to call them yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment